Thursday, May 17, 2012

Tatsoi from the Garden

The tatsoi in my garden started to bolt, so I cut most of it. I had never thought to grow Asian greens until last summer when I got a great deal of tatsoi and bok choi in my CSA share. I learned to think beyond stir fry, and it opened my eyes to a whole new world of greens. The tatsoi was easy enough to grow, but the yield is quite low, so I'm not sure if it will be worth planting again. I've read that it does better in the fall. So I'll try it then, and see what happens.

 

I sauteed a little garlic in olive oil, added the tatsoi and some cannelini beans, and put just enough water in to steam the greens. We garnished it with feta and oil-cured black olives, and ate it all with a loaf of crusty homemade bread.

 

1 comment:

  1. Each tatsoi plant doesn't produce much, but if you look at how long it needs to be in the garden to produce it and when, it is pretty good. You can get a spring harvest from it before you plant your summer crops. And might be able to get a fall crop after those crops are gone (depends on the weather though).

    ReplyDelete