Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Olivia's First Time Out

Yesterday Olivia was throwing crayons. I told her to stop several times, and each time she responded by throwing a large handful of crayons and laughing. So I decided it was time. I picked her up and said, "Olivia, you get your first time out today." I put her in a chair at the dining room table and told her she was in time out and needed to stay there for one minute. When I went back to get her, she smiled at me and said "I time out" in her cheery just-glad-to-be-part-of-the-team voice. I tried to continue with my stern face and a level "we do not throw crayons," but instead I started grinning ear to ear, and she added "get down safe."

I have an old-coworker whose 2-year-old son refuses to be punished. Whenever they tell him he is getting a time out, he cheerfully obliges, by getting into the time out chair, singing himself little songs and smiling at them the whole time. I think Olivia might be this type as well. She's very much the little birichina, always with a twinkle in her eye. She's just so damn cute though.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment